share early. share often. share with good friends. share with mentors. share with influencers. share honestly. appreciate praise & criticism. edit. continue sharing. keep moving. it’s worth it. it’s within reach. it’s already part of you.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 days...

I officially have ten days left in America; I am beginning to get very nervous. As of today, the only thing I can think about is Spain. The things I have to do before I go, the things I want to do while I'm there, the wonderful things I will experience, and the awful possibilities of what could inevitably go wrong. Throughout the anxiety, fear, and excitement, there is one thing that I have learned is going to keep me sane: having faith. I have faith in the fact that these next four months are going to bring nothing but growth and goodness, nevertheless, it will be a challenge at first.

One of my wisest friends gave me a wise piece of advice as we were saying goodbye. She told me to "find my starbucks, my bread and company, my YMCA, my running route, my favorite little book store, ect... She said to find a teacher who reminds me of my dad, find a friend who resembles Tavarres, one who resembles Callie, as well as all the other people I am missing." By doing this, she promised me that I will feel a little more a home, a little safer, and not put a damper on my experience by being homesick. I cannot wait to find all these people and places.

Furthermore, I cannot wait to discover this whole new world that I have never seen before, one that is foreign to not only me, but my friends and family as well. From the architecture, to the shopping, and the lattes, to the candy, I cannot wait to discover what it is that brings happiness and life to the city of Barcelona. I cannot wait for the opportunity to go with a clean slate, be whoever I want to be, and fill my days with whatever makes me happy. I am ready for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment